Uses of parapet wall designs
- The original usage of the parapet wall was to protect the house. Now, it is mainly used to make the house appear bigger and beautify its look.
- Another usage of the parapet wall is to keep away the moisture from the roof and protects it from collapsing or any further damage.
- When there is the excessive wind blowing, it creates a lot of pressure on the edges of the roof. This pressure can result in a dramatic collapse of the roof. Parapet wall design helps in reducing the pressure on roof edges.
- Parapet wall designs have a waterproof membrane under the mortar bed to avoid the rainwater entering the roof and causing any damage.
- It acts like a boundary wall that creates a protected area for the roof.
- Similarly, parapet walls are also used as bridges. They prevent the vehicles from falling down the bridge.
- Parapet wall designs also, help in protecting the interior space of your house.
- Blocks the dust particles from settling down on the roof and prevents the pots and plants from falling off.
Different types of parapet wall designs
Parapet walls based on their designs
panelled parapet wall
plain parapet wall
embattled parapet wall
Perforated parapet wall
Parapet wall designs according to the shape and functionality
Sloped parapet walls
stepped parapet walls
flat parapet walls
curved parapet walls
Our team of expert writers and editors is dedicated to delivering high-quality content that is accurate, reliable, and up-to-date. We strive to provide valuable insights and perspectives on the most important issues and trends shaping our world today.